Pork Tenderloin Smoking Temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jammer5954

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
Gonna smoke a couple pork tenderloin tomorrow for a July 3 BBQ. Gotta a rib rub gonna put on them and also wrap them in bacon to try and keep them from drying out too much. Using some apple wood to smoke 'em.

Been looking around the forum and saw to try and get them to around 140 and then let them sit till them reach 145.

One thing I have not found is what temp to try and smoke them at (230-235 for 2 hrs???)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy 4th!!

I would smoke at 225 till IT of 145 then wrap in foil for an hour or so. Good luck with your smoke.
yeahthat.gif

I like and use the 225*F Smoker temp but an IT of 145*F is TOO done, in my opinion, and after the rest will have you at or above 150*F and starting to get Dry. Pull at 135*F if no one minds a little Pink or go to 140*F but no higher...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky