Pork shoulder roast marinad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Depending on what it's marinaded in, I probably wouldn't go more than 48 hours.

If it has any type of acid(vinegar, soda) in it not very long( a couple/three hours) or you may be looking at a mushy final product. I would inject it instead of marinade.

Chris

Inject, motion carried. Might seem odd at first but you'll get used to it. Totally worth it and a big game changer. My pork injection is based on Mixon's and based on apple juice.

Sorry, I should of said rub with dry rub not marinade. I have been rubbing them down night before I smoke. Wasn't sure if I could do it couple days ahead. I plan on smoking it Sunday.

Yeah, a few days a head is cool. Ideally you don't want to go past the best by date. You will get a little more penetration with a few days but not as much as injecting. I ldo an overnight uncovered rest (pellicle) to encourage bark on butts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky