Pork Loin Questions 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can use the same temp. With Cured meat and in this case, you can run smoke at any temp between 145 and 195, safely reaching 145. The lower you go the longer it takes, a smoker at 145 may take 24 hours for your Loin to hit an IT of 145°F. If you got the time, 175 will get it done and give plenty of time for existing connective tissue to breakdown and give a more tender product than smoking at 195. Sorry I can't give an exact amount of time it will take, maybe 12 hours?...JJ

Sounds good. I also wonder what difference I should expect between 2 days curing and 14 days. 2 day cured piece has uniform color and almost uniform taste. The outside is more salty than inside of the piece.

The saltiness will even out. So will the flavor. 2% is pretty good and popular around here. As a I said the longer cure time should help with tenderness as well...JJ

Sounds good. I also wonder what difference I should expect between 2 days curing and 14 days. 2 day cured piece has uniform color and almost uniform taste. The outside is more salty than inside of the piece.

Hi Oleg,
Below is a link to one of my Canadian Bacon Step by Steps.
I didn't give it to you earlier because You weren't interested in using TQ.
However I figure the Time & Temps I used might interest you.
Since I Dry cured, you can't use the curing times with other types of curing, but the Smoking Times & Temps can be used no matter how you cured the Pork:
*New------Canadian Bacon

Bear

John, nobody accused you of anything. I said WE beat him up already!

My response was an attempt to save you, and your passion for accurate use of the most common and safe curing additives, from rehashing what was already covered...JJ

I realize that now.
When I read what you said, it sounded like you were saying, "We already Beat Oleg up, so don't add to that".
At the time I was just trying to figure out if he was Brining for moisture, or Wet curing, and no cure or CJP had been mentioned. You can tell that by all the questions I asked in the first posts I made.

Thanks for clearing that up, though.

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky