Pork butt drip pan liquid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mng024

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Wisconsin
Does anyone reincorporate the drip pan and foil juices into their pulled pork? The only thread I came across, people seemed to say no to drip pan but yes to the foil liquid.

I placed my pork butts into my drip pan and added some apple juice and brown sugar. I then dumped the liquid out while the butts are resting. Is the liquid going to be nasty now since I mixed it in with the drip pan remnants?

I did make a maple bourbon sauce which I will be adding in.

Same here wouldn’t dream of wasting it. I normally fill my drip pan with broth and a bit of spices. Often it is smokey/ strong enough that after de fatting it you can cut further with fresh broth. Usually gives you enough to freeze some. It’s great to break out as a smokey au jus to use on indoor cooked items. I’ve also had times where I got busy and the drip pan boiled dry. Voila freezer golden nectar to the rescue :)

Unless the stuff in the Drip Pan is burnt, the drip pan can be Deglazed with any liquid to dissolve the brown goodies...JJ

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky