Pork Butt and some ABTs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

titanfan48

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I did my second butt last Sunday along with some ABTs. They both turned out very good. The soon-to-be wife loved the ABTs and said that we will be doing those again. As for the butt, I nailed it thanks to the help of the fellow smokers here. I put a rub on it the might before. Got up sunday and started the smoke at about 11:30am using hickory chunks. It smoked for about 7 hours, temps stayed in between 220*-250*. At approx. 160* I wrapped it in foil and finished it that way. I took it off at about 185*. I wrapped it in a few towels and let it sit for 30 min. It was so tender done this way. Made some tater salad and we had a great meal. Here's some q-view.
fe286cd9_vbattach16757.jpg

f7cc14a8_vbattach16756.jpg

stuffed them with cream cheese, cheddar, mixed in with some garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky