Pork Butt $.99 lb. at Safeway

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Stopped in for some hot dog buns and found their bone-in pork butt on sale. Haven't seen it that low in years. I think this may be an unadvertised special, probably good thru tomorrow. I picked a few for the freezer.

This just might become the norm for a while.Have a look at the hog futures,there is a glut of pigs.Though I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the excess will be exported to keep the price up.We'll see...

WinCo has them on at 98¢/lb. for Memorial week, and probably will repeat it for July 4th week, too. I bought two blade shoulders and 2 half pork loins for Fassett's breakfast sausage, buckboard bacon, and Canadian bacon which I have put down to cure; made up the sausage from the trimmings off the top blade sections.

Baby Sister brought me 2 cryo-pacs of butts yesterday. First we've seen under 2.00/lb this year. She's probably tried of hearing me complain about store bought sausage since I was out. Heck I didn't even have Pop Fassett's breakfast sausage in the freezer last night to go with my waffles! Sooooo much I need to make too! The store went up on price before any tariffs were even imposed.

Big week ahead.

Paid $2.49 this past weekend,haven't seen none of the low pork prices here in E Tn,Have heard Tails of prices being low but not seen it personally

Winn Dixie had a $.99# two pack cryovac butts 2day sale over the weekend that forced me to carve out money muscle and grind sausage, drink beer and watch drag racing Sunday. Damn them!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky