Poor Mans Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
I just finished smoking this chuck roast. I smoked at 250 degrees for 5 hours and 40 minutes with cherry wood (all I had). I rubbed with SPG and pulled at 206 degrees. Probed like butter and was oozing juice. The reveal will be tomorrow. I wrapped in butcher with some tallow, vac sealed, and threw in the fridge.

Attachments

• 20230903_155720.jpg
    20230903_155720.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 12
Looks great! I use chuck for pot roast, shredded for enchiladas and tacos and ground for burgers. Never smoked one though and your looks really tasty. The bag should have a lot of flavorful juice/broth. Enjoy!

Looks good! Waiting on the finish. Brisket at Kroger was $8.99 a pound the other day. Needless to say I dropped it like it was hot. Haven’t really priced chuckies lately.

Jim

Here is the reveal. This thing was oozing juice. Awesome smoke flavor. The edges were a little crisp. I reheated using the souse vide at 150 degrees for 1 hour. Parts were a little dry but overall another good cook. I tried to get a picture of the flop but the pieces were breaking apart.
20230904_151146.jpg
20230904_151329.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DougE and jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky