Plastic door on MES 30, any problems?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jds22

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Central IL
I had a Masterforge electric smoker from Lowes for a few months. It worked well until the plastic door started to melt. I took it back and got a charcoal kamado cooker that I love but am thinking about getting another electric smoker.

So I finally went and looked at the MES 30 and saw that the front door is plastic. So I'm wondering if anybody has had any issues with the door warping or melting?

Thanks

I had a Masterforge electric smoker from Lowes for a few months. It worked well until the plastic door started to melt. I took it back and got a charcoal kamado cooker that I love but am thinking about getting another electric smoker.
So I finally went and looked at the MES 30 and saw that the front door is plastic. So I'm wondering if anybody has had any issues with the door warping or melting?
Thanks
I just bought a MES 30 on Amazon, and the door is metal on both sides with a rubber-type seal.      
confused.gif

I would like to see a Pic of that. What MES 30 model are you looking at? I have never heard of a Plastic Door on any model...JJ

I should have been more clear. It was the MES30 at Gander Mountain that was part of the black Friday sale. I assume all MES30s are the same.

The inside of the door is metal of course but the outside of the door is plastic which is what caused my concern as this is what started to warp and melt on my Masterforge.

I'll try to stop by there tomorrow and double check, if they even have any left.

I should have been more clear. It was the MES30 at Gander Mountain that was part of the black Friday sale. I assume all MES30s are the same.

The inside of the door is metal of course but the outside of the door is plastic which is what caused my concern as this is what started to warp and melt on my Masterforge.

I'll try to stop by there tomorrow and double check, if they even have any left.
And i thought all MES 30" were the same? Mine is:
[h1]Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Electric Smokehouse[/h1]

That's where I got mine & my door is not plastic - it is metal 
icon14.gif

This is the black Friday add for Gander Mountain. This is a 30'' MES and it has a metal outside door.

I believe it is Powder Coated or Painted Steel, so I can see how it may look like Plastic. There are thousands of them out there and other than the occasional Peeling with age, will not melt...JJ

Ok, I stand corrected. I stopped by Gander and looked it over again.

Now of course I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the black Friday deal. They're back up to $229.   
frown.gif

Thanks
MasterForge is a Lowes Brand of smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky