Plaster iq110

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

88rxna

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2017
Ludlow,PA
Anyone else's run cooler than what is set?
If I want 250 I have to set it at 275 in the controller. I use a maverick literally right beside the iq probe and the temp is 25 degrees off.
When set at 275, the iq runs at 235 to 245. Is this normal?
I realise the probes will read different but why is the temp varying this much?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok. Thank you! I'll give it a shot.
I read most of the faq's the other day , I must have missed that.

When trying to run at 300, how long should it take to ramp it up from 240? All vents are closed except the top has an 1/8 gap. I'm not sure how leaky the system is but I know it does leak. I can see the wood smoke coming out of the door of my smokey mountain and arou.d the lid too. Would this Cause issues or unable me to reach 300?

I have been using a IQ120 for two years. Mostly on my 22 WSM. I set it for 250 start with a small amount of lit coals and that's where it stays. Top vent all the way open.. the two othe bottom vents closed..
The lid thermo says 225 the maverick says 236

Close enough.. don't get hung up on exact reading. This is Bar b cue.. close is enough!!!

Lemans, so your maverick reads about the same too? That's pretty close to mine. Except I have it set at 275 and it runs a little over 235. But then it swings ups to 250ish...
So 235 to 250 isn't a huge deal?

Also, just noticed my heading says plaster not pittmaster...lol
Auto correct fail!

225-260 over 10 hours is fine. When the wood chunks catch the temp rises as they burn the temp lowers . So
A slight up and down is expected.. if you use lump charcoal you will see a lot of spikes. With briquettes you will see less..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky