pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq ron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
missouri
what would be the temp to cook pizza on a lange 60 and for how long? any info would help so i can try this weeekend

Using indirect heat you should be safe up to 425 degrees if not more. Some pizza place have ovens over 800 degrees. My pizza oven at work is set at 550 degrees. If you are using direct heat the temp would be considerably less because it will burn your crust.

As for the time it takes, It depends on how big the pizza is, how thick the crust is, how many toppings etc... A pizza with lots of toppings is going to take longer than a plain cheese pizza.

Are you planning on pre cooking the crust?

You want to cook pizza pretty hot. At home I make pizza in a preheated cast iron pan at 550 for 10 minutes. In a commercial pizza oven you cook it at about 420 for ~7 minutes. Traditional wood fired pizza cooks at about 800.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky