Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds cool ... but alas I rent!
icon_eek.gif

I am not 100% sure, but I think the Paul he was asking was me.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

The funny thing is that I thought you might pipe up and say something to him about it.
biggrin.gif

To answer Vlap (Jeff) I have thought about a brick oven in the back yard, but the new screened in patio and part of the outdoor kitchen is first...

I am hoping to get some clarification from all the expert pizza smokers out there. I have read through several threads and there seems to be a wide variety of ways to make pizza and cook times. I am wanting to make the dough from scratch and smoke the pizza in the 250 to 300 range, not grill it. From what I have read, this is going to take a couple of hours to cook correct? I saw one thread were someone was doing this in 45 which doesn't seem right. Also, for those doing everything from scratch and raw dough, are you putting pre-cooked meat on the pizza or raw meat and allowing the longer smoke times to cook the meat as well?

I decided to try smoking a pizza this afternoon and I have to say that it worked quite well. Smoked in the UDS at around 275-300 for a couple of hours. I wasn't watching the time as much as I was watching for the golden cheese and firm crust. I used the dough recipe from this thread. I used alfredo sauce and then topped with spinach and artichokes. Then came a layer of mozzarella and then some chicken I baked while heating up the pizza stone. It was coated in EVOO and a blend of spices that I threw together. The smoke flavor was a lot more subtle than I had thought. I may try a pizza pan with holes in it next time to get a little more smoke in the dough. Served with a side of garlic butter, it made a pretty tasty dinner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky