Pitmaster show

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markmcrae

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 29, 2009
Lake City, Florida
Just wanted to remind everyone that the new BBQ PitMaster show show tonight at 10 pm eastern time on TLC. It should be informative and alot of fun to watch.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

YUP! Thanks already have it set to record the entire season on the DVR! Gotta love the DVR's, can't wait to see what they are doing!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Good idea! How long do you smoke popcorn, and will apple wood work?

icon12.gif

Funny...there was a Que Competition that I was going to get in on last summer, until my other 2 team members had a conflict on that date.

The gal who sent out all the emails to potential teams, is the wife of one of the larger team's captain. Since we ended up not entering that contest, I haven't heard from her in about 6 months. However, she emailed me to say that her husband was interviewed for the 3rd episode of this new show. Can't wait to see some major 'que in the works!

I hope it's good cause they will have half of this site watching it tonight and the other half probally will be recording it.

I would love it if somebody would post a review tomorrow or this weekend. I don't have TLC... I know, I'm living in the freakin' stone age, OK? But I'm really interested to hear about the show and I'll probably look for clips online. Thanks dudes.

Oh yeah...and GO GATORS!

Her husband got pissed at her and sat up with my bro-in-law in his R.V. getting drunk at a comp this year in virginia...LMAO

I liked the show it was fun to watch but where is it written you have to be an arrogant ass to be great at BBQ? I understand confidence but there is a fine line between it and arrogance. Competition is awesome it keeps you alive and young but how about some sportsmanship? I'm probably being a little winy but anyways I enjoyed the show can't wait to see next weeks.

lots of characters in BBQ for sure, quite honestly I will watch again but it was just good not great, butchered reality to try and make good tv. A genuine jerk, a pompus half jerk, a couple good guys, a lady and a clueless bigmouth, hope they switch teams each show.

At least it was cool on the brisket call the number 5 team Iowa Smokey D's just opened another downtown location in the building next to mine, its by far my favorite local bbq joint.

Darren is AWSOME, glad he opened another place with his family, he make some of the best grub.

I guess they found the most idiotic guy they could.
My review: It's exactly what I anticipated, a 'reality' show. There are gonna be semi-staged setups and conflicts, and they are NOT gonna share their rub/mop recipes unless "you pay $700 at my cooking class". I'll likely tune out after a couple episodes.

The guy who kept getting 47th place with his food is a plant. Couldn't drive the rig, fell asleep at the pit.... it's too over-the-top to be real.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky