Pitmaker - Epic fail!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Please excuse my rant that follows:

I have been trying to get pricing on a Pitmaker safe for the last 2 weeks.

I went to their web page and attempted to use the online inquiry form. The form was a disaster. It would randomly send before I could finish my message. I had to try 4 times to get a full message to send. The poor employee having to watch this stream of garbage come in has my apologies.

After receiving no reply to the online form requests, I dug deeper into the website and got an actual e-mail address of a sales representative whom I wrote to promptly.

I asked for a quote for a Pitmaker safe and shipping costs to my area.

I got nothing, zilch, zero, nada, bupkis. I don't even know if they received my request.

As much as I like the Pitmaker design, customer service like this on a $4000 - $5000 transaction makes me increasingly wary of dealing with this manufacturer.

Any Pitmaker owners have any issues with customer service?

Try looking at a Lang and have yourself a stick burner. Probably cheaper too

I like the Lang products and will take a closer look at them. I really liked the Pitmaker safe design as it used very little fuel for long smokes. Not sure what else is out there that would compare.

I don’t think those are stick burners. They run on charcoal I think

The pitmaker is more like a stumps

Reactions: JC in GB
Pick up the phone. When I bought my Vault that is how I handled it. They were responsive and have been very helpful ever since.

I could try that but I hate phone talks, as there is no written record of the discussion. :(

Wow for those prices you could by a whole fleet of WSMs. Along with great customer service.

They are a nice looking smoker.

Chris

I could try that but I hate phone talks, as there is no written record of the discussion. :(
Always record phone calls. As long as one of the parties knows it's being recorded ( you ) it will stand up in court.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky