• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PHOTOS ADDED - 8th Annual South Florida Gathering 2018 (Nov 17-18)

Special Ingredient for the Rib Comp?

• Yes..this will be fun

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No..let's keep it the same

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
Can't wait for another year!!

Snout to Tail (and there are other variations of this phrase) is basically using the whole animal. Probably not really something we can do in that setting haha

nimrod

Meat Mopper
May 7, 2010
Steve,
I don't think I would win the wet T shirt contest but I'm game! I usually reserve that for my weekend yard work to cool off a bit.
Craig

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
What do y'all think about a friendly Steak Cookoff? We could loosely abide by the SCA Cookoff rules (Boneless Ribeye, about 1"-1 1/4" thick)

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
I was thinking something else where y'all would have a half a chance... LOL ... but I'm game ...

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
I was thinking something else where y'all would have a half a chance... LOL ... but I'm game ...

Better watch out Keith! I entered my first SCA cookoff back in May......errrm and got last place :/ haha

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Good... then I'll have somebody to fight for last place... lol

floridasteve

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Jun 16, 2014
Or how about a stuffed pork loin contest? There is a lot of stuff you can do there, only takes a couple of hours to cook, and they’re relatively inexpensive.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
floridasteve floridasteve - I could be down for that! Or just a stuffed loin Buffet for one of the meals :) A gallery of stuffed loins

floridasteve

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Jun 16, 2014
floridasteve floridasteve - I could be down for that! Or just a stuffed loin Buffet for one of the meals :) A gallery of stuffed loins

I like the buffer idea too. I did a stuffed loin yesterday. Turned out pretty good, but needs some tweaking. Aught to be really good by November

nimrod

Meat Mopper
May 7, 2010
Hmm, competing for the last place trophy... I may have a chance at that one.

jarjarchef

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Sep 30, 2010
So i finally got off my butt and made a reservation. My spot was taken. So we will be in Site #79. I should be getting there on Thursday and leaving Sunday.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
Sweet!

As is stands, looks like 9 forum members. Let's try to spread the word to new members and guests! :)

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Good deal Jeremy ... can't wait to see everybody ....

Carol... which ones were they (Denita and JD) ??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky