12th Annual South Florida Gathering - December 1-3, 2023 - Pictures Added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Our 12th (13th year) Gathering will be December 1-3, 2023 at Highland Hammock State Park (Sebring, FL) with the main day being Saturday the 2nd.

Sites & Attendees
Site 80 - Russ and Libby Mills (Friends of Doug's from the neighborhood)
Site 81 - Doug ( dougmays dougmays )
Site 82 - Jeramy (@jarjarchef )
Site 84 - @j-regn
Site 85 - carol506 carol506 & Jon
Site 87 - Mark ( Discus39 Discus39 )
Site 88 & 89 - Keith ( JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 )
Site 125 - fxsales1959 fxsales1959
Site 128 - John ( Fueling Around Fueling Around )
Site 135 - Robert (@Fife )

Events (all optional and not taken too seriously, all times below are open for change) :
- Welcome Weenie Roast
- Keiths famous ham and sides provided by others
- Family style Potluck, Saturday ~5-6pm
- Fun & Friendly Rib Competition on Saturday ~5pm (before it gets dark)
- Cocktail competition Saturday ~3pm
- Games and camaraderie all all the time, if you have a favorite game or activity please bring it (examples: Cornhole/BagToss, ring toss, horseshoes, etc.....)

Last edited:
It is with GREAT SADNESS that I have to make this post...

Charlotte is in the hospital... But on her way to recovering,. They dignosted her with AFIB...

So with that it's sad to say we won't be attending this year... This will be the first Gathering that we have missed...

I have spoke with Doug dougmays dougmays and Mark Discus39 Discus39 and have arranged to keep the sites..

So with that let me wish you all with a great time and great food...

Somebody else will have to step up and cook something for Fri. night...
I'm sorry to hear that. Better to catch AFIB before it catches you. Still can't use my left hand for much after AFIB related stroke.
Get well Chalotte!

Never really got a head count, think 9.. bringing 2 packs of buns, weenies, mustard, ketchup,, onions,chili, and relish. If we need more Winn Dixie nearby.. Splatchcock chicken Friday
Without scrolling back through all the posts, here is my count: Doug+1, Don(+1?), Carol/Jon.... I believe my friend and his wife from my neighborhood are coming in Thursday as well but i'll confirm today.

I know Mark and crew are booked for Thursday but coming up Fri Morning so they will not be ther for thur dinner. Can anyone else that is coming thurs let Carol know?

Charlotte is in the hospital... But on her way to recovering,. They dignosted her with AFIB...

So with that it's sad to say we won't be attending this year... This will be the first Gathering that we have missed...

I have spoke with Doug dougmays dougmays and Mark Discus39 Discus39 and have arranged to keep the sites..

Very sad news on all accounts Keith but Family and health take precedence. Hoping it's nothing too major for Charlotte to overcome. Y'all always a spotlight of the gatherings

Without scrolling back through all the posts, here is my count: Doug+1, Don(+1?), Carol/Jon.... I believe my friend and his wife from my neighborhood are coming in Thursday as well but i'll confirm today.

I know Mark and crew are booked for Thursday but coming up Fri Morning so they will not be ther for thur dinner. Can anyone else that is coming thurs let Carol know?

Very sad news on all accounts Keith but Family and health take precedence. Hoping it's nothing too major for Charlotte to overcome. Y'all always a spotlight of the gatherings
John & :Linda arriving Thursday around 3

WOW! Won't be the same without you two.
Get well soon Charlotte!!

Not packing up... Doing opposite... Getting ready to put it back in the garage after bringing it up last weekend to get it ready...

IMG_20231130_094115.jpg

That's a sad looking camper all ready to go somewhere and not hehe

We are hitting the road shortly, if anyone needs anything my number is 954-218-2063. I'm not sure how we will be looking for firewood? I'm brining 4-5 older logs from my pile for fuel

I made 4 dozen pig shots this afternoon with my home cured pork belly bacon. Well missing a few shots for the cook's tasting.
Just finished 2 pans of potatoes dauphinoise in the oven tonight.
OK, they are scalloped potatoes and sausage, but the French name sounds more elegant.
Need a warming oven on Friday for sampling or on Saturday to reheat for the feast.
Got a purchased charcuterie spread to lay out for sampling. Genuine Spanish Chorirzo and American Tillamook cheese and crappy crackers.

Did anyone find an iPhone? My girlfriend's phone went missing and we tracked into lake wales. Assuming maybe it got accidentally packed up with people's stuff. If you happen to find it please call me 954-218-2063

Well, that was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another great gathering in the books.
Home, unloaded, time for a recovery nap.
I have a few pictures from Sat and will try to post them up later this evening.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Had a great time. We made it home and are unpacking. Glad to hear the phone was found. Still missing a pack of bacon and sausage from the cooler. Lol. Great memories made
20231202_130319.jpg
20231202_104309.jpg
20231202_104159.jpg
20231202_104306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky