2014 South Florida Gathering (November 7-9)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What would you prefer for our Cold Smoking & Dehydrating Project?

• Snack Sticks and lots of them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enough Snack Sticks for everyone to take a little home as well as Beef Jerky and Cheese

• Beef Jerky and Cheese only

• I dont really care for participating in this type of project

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got most everything ready to go. Wally world was out of butts and only had 1 picnic. So it is cubed and in the freezer. I have some fat from some butts I did a few weeks ago, going to mix it in.

The casings and cure showed up.

Let me know if anything is needed. I will be leaving by lunch time. Should be there by 1:00pm if everything goes smoothly.

I am ready for some chill time.

I already gave you the bean competition this year by not entering mine. Don't back down on a meat loaf off

I already gave you the bean competition this year by not entering mine. Don't back down on a meat loaf off
"Gave" me the bean comp. Really? I don't recall your beans kicking my beans a...

But I'm ready for a rematch.

Not backing down, just already know mine is superior.
th_violent5.gif
 (Just  like my beans)

But seriously, want variety, not a meat loaf party.

just what we need... everybody running around here all beaned up.... :biggrin:

C'mon y'all..... get your butts in gear and come on....

Jeremey's site is open... Don's site is open.... and Craig's site is open....

I recall Ron
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
with his Cherry Cheesecake. I don't recall a bean cook off. ... Now I am down for any fun comp.
Doug and I both entered beans for side dish comp and lost to that cheater Ron.
ROTF.gif
Yes I know there are no rules, but that wasn't smoked and it was a dessert for crying out loud. Only another dessert had a chance to beat that cheese cake with the judges panel we had. You may have taken second or beat him if you would've entered that bag of leftover halloween candy. As a matter of fact, I think you and Ron hand picked those judges and paid them off.
moon.gif

(Just kidding Ron, the cheese cake was delicious.)

For anyone towing a trailer beware/remember the spred bumps coming in...they are a doosey. And come out of know where

Doug and I both entered beans for side dish comp and lost to that cheater Ron.
ROTF.gif
Yes I know there are no rules, but that wasn't smoked and it was a dessert for crying out loud. Only another dessert had a chance to beat that cheese cake with the judges panel we had. You may have taken second or beat him if you would've entered that bag of leftover halloween candy. As a matter of fact, I think you and Ron hand picked those judges and paid them off.
moon.gif

(Just kidding Ron, the cheese cake was delicious.)
Oh-OH, The secret is out.

Ya'll have a great weekend. I'll be thinking about you having all that fun.

Well................2014 South Florida Gathering .......

What a great time , GREAT food and even better people !      I can't thank Doug enough , as well as all the people we met this week-end. 
We sent a link to the pix I took to Doug directly who said He would post them ( when he gets home )   No way would I try to post them all one at a time ..........

We will be back next year and hopefully with smoker to compete , OR as Doug said...."possibly adding a special Tiki Drink cocktails event " 

Mrs. Tiki Guy makes a mean Mai-Tai    

Came home with a 6 inch stainless steel  A-MAZ-N smoke tube ( thanks for sponsoring this gang they deserve it )  and some pellets ( I WILL be ordering more soon)   a copy of Jeff's  "Smoking MEATS " book  ( thanks again Jeremy )  FANTASTIC Sausage & snack sticks  ( Thanks to Keith ) cold smoked cheese ( Doug Mays )    and best of all NEW Friends .

Tiki Guy spreading a little Tiki  one little umbrella drink at a time ......

Last edited:
Awesome time! Probably the best gathering we've had to date! Kevin thanks for taking some amazing photos! I have just downloaded them and will create the South Florida Picture Thread very soon for everyone to post in! I still need to get the pictures off my phone as well and post them.

Im sitting here at work getting caught up on email and wondering why i ever left Highlands Hammock State Park LOL

Thanks for everyone who came, cooked, pitched in and everything else you do to make this a great event year to year!

Everyone ready to book for next year :)

Awesome time! Probably the best gathering we've had to date! Kevin thanks for taking some amazing photos! I have just downloaded them and will create the South Florida Picture Thread very soon for everyone to post in! I still need to get the pictures off my phone as well and post them.

Im sitting here at work getting caught up on email and wondering why i ever left Highlands Hammock State Park LOL

Thanks for everyone who came, cooked, pitched in and everything else you do to make this a great event year to year!

Everyone ready to book for next year :)

HA HAAA... I'm still here.. nice and peaceful....

Hey guys we had a great time, Ann had as much fun as I did! Even though we are new to the group we were welcomed like old friends. It was great to meet everyone. Keith really taught me a lot about sausage making and the meat sticks are fantastic.

Special thanks to the sponsors; all the vac bags made sealing everything up a snap and I even got a A-Mazing smoke tray. I'll be putting that to good use real soon.

The rib competition was fierce with all of them being so good. JarJar's won out but I enjoyed them all. Rob's Bud smoker really put out some good food!

Next year I'll have my smoker in the mix so what out!

Tiki Guy, you're on for the Tiki drink competition!

Hope to see everyone again real soon.

Craig & Ann

Nimrod ....... working on it as we speak.......just have to decide on which way to go .........

After seeing the Smoking the gang did ........I'm not sure if I could compete ...( eat good ...why YES ) 
So going to think about which one of these to get ready for next year  

I know I will NOT do better "Cheesy  Grits" than Ann ........( be looking for them next year ) 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky