Pepper Smoking, Might Have Learned Something

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok Tall... Are you keeping us in suspense? The obvious question is HOW DID THE PEPPERS COME OUT? Got more pics and details? You said you were making chipotle powder and Chile powder... How dry do you get 'em?

I just processed some fresh Habs into sauce yesterday...

Hahaha I guess we'll have to wait for some more suspense.
I ground up the jalapenos today, no pic.
I'll get a pick of all the tepins which I'll likely grind up tomorrow or the day after :)

I haven't taste the powder yet. After I grind it in my magic bullet I let it sit in the cannister for a day so all the powder/dust settles and then I fool with it.

I get em so dry they crumble when being squeezed with your fingers. They just fall apart under pressure :)

Ok Tall... Are you keeping us in suspense? The obvious question is HOW DID THE PEPPERS COME OUT? Got more pics and details? You said you were making chipotle powder and Chile powder... How dry do you get 'em?

I just processed some fresh Habs into sauce yesterday...

Ask and ye shall receive! :P
Top are the little ChileTepin Peppers all smoked and dehydrated. If yo ulook close you may see a couple of small Jalapeno pieces that fell into the pan :)
Bottom is the Chipotle Powder from the Smoked and dehydrated Jalapenos.
full

I put a little of the Chipotle powder on part a steak I grilled... but I accidentally gave that steak to one of the other people eating dinner so my taste test of the Chipotle powder will have to wait hahha.
I plan to grind the chiletepin peppers some day soon. I'll give some of it to my mother for Hot Tamale time!!!! I'll also give some to the woman who has been supplying so many of those little guys. I really like that pepper but it is HOT so I have a limited number of uses for it as well as limited amount that I apply but damn they are good!
ChileTepin has a good flavor and naturally kind of smokey. I prefer it to Habanero which I find to be sour tasting and Serrano which I find to be a little bitter tasting. They smokey flavor of the ChileTepin is awesome, and even more so when it is actually smoked :)

Enjoy!

Looks good . Just now brought the last of mine in from the smoker . Red and green jalapeno's , lunch box red , garden salsa and a couple of Anaheim . Their's even a dozen grape tomatoes in there . Makes great powder .
20181120_223518.jpg

Looks good . Just now brought the last of mine in from the smoker . Red and green jalapeno's , lunch box red , garden salsa and a couple of Anaheim . Their's even a dozen grape tomatoes in there . Makes great powder .
View attachment 380896

Very nice! I like the color of yours. Mine were roasted a bit dark due to the volume of peppers I had and not really caring too much about mixing them all around or anything hahaha. I just let em go and when they crumble when squeezed I pull them. I think I was watching football when these were in and was like "I'll check them later" and when I did they were surely ready hahaha :)

Reactions: chopsaw
TBM, Nice batch of peppers and next year put the tepins on top and see if the jalapenos are still as hot ??

TBM, Nice batch of peppers and next year put the tepins on top and see if the jalapenos are still as hot ??

Hahhaa thats the plan!
Next year will depend on whether I'm gifted a bunch of jalapenos, I don't grow them.
I am always gifted the tepins as my potted plant isn't producing them for crap this year. None of my 3 little pepper plants are producing flowers or peppers. I really need to put them in larger pots and feed them a little. They are growing though so nothing wrong on that front :)

I really need to put them in larger pots and feed them a little.
I had read thru an old thread on here about coffee grounds sprinkled around the pepper plants . So I did a test , used grounds on half , but not on the rest . I'll be doing all of them next year . The coffee ground plants were almost 5 foot tall and loaded with peppers .

Edit ,, used coffee grounds .

Last edited:
Reactions: DanMcG
Tallbm nice batch peppers.

Warren
Thanks!

I had read thru an old thread on here about coffee grounds sprinkled around the pepper plants . So I did a test , used grounds on half , but not on the rest . I'll be doing all of them next year . The coffee ground plants were almost 5 foot tall and loaded with peppers .

Edit ,, used coffee grounds .
I'll have to save some of the ol ladies coffee grounds. I don't drink caffeine so no coffee from me but she drinks a pot a day so I should be covered :)
How much coffee grounds and what time of the year do you do this?

How much coffee grounds and what time of the year do you do this?
No rhyme or reason to the method . I just saw guys were doing it . So I was just putting it around the base of the plants on top of the ground . Every couple of days , to every day . Right or wrong , it worked lol .

I've got a 5 gallon bucket half full of garden soil in the garage . Been dumping the grounds in there and mixing them in .
I'll mix it in the soil next spring . Sounds like a good idea .

No rhyme or reason to the method . I just saw guys were doing it . So I was just putting it around the base of the plants on top of the ground . Every couple of days , to every day . Right or wrong , it worked lol .

I've got a 5 gallon bucket half full of garden soil in the garage . Been dumping the grounds in there and mixing them in .
I'll mix it in the soil next spring . Sounds like a good idea .
Next spring I'll give it a shot for sure!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky