Pecan Rub Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcglenn1009

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Does anyone have a recipe for a pecan rub? I know John Henry and Meat Church both make one, but after shipping they are $15-20 for a small shaker. I can't pull the trigger on those to try just yet. I used the search option and a quick Google search and couldn't find anything.

Reactions: JC in GB
I just smoked a pork loin with a brown sugar and pecan rub from a recipe I saw on a YouTube video. It was 2 Tbsp ground pecans, 5 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp kosher salt, and 1 tsp of paprika. It’s a good simple rub. It had a nice balance of sweet and nutty flavors. Next time I might add a pinch of cayenne for a little pop of heat to go with it. Hope this helps you out.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky