Peach Cobbler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gary, here's the recipe I use. The baking time can vary by size of pan, type of pan used (glass or aluminum), and whether the pan is preheated or not. It is nicely browned when done.

Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe

Ray's note from first time: This had great flavor. Will definitely make it again and again.

Added cinnamon and nutmeg later, which was awesome. It actually takes very little.

Ingredients
1 30 oz. of peaches in juice, not syrup.
1 cup flour by weight (¼ cup at 34g is 136g total)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk, room temp.
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Sprinkle of nutmeg (optional)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.

Melt half cup of butter in 9x9 or 9x13 inch pan in the oven (8×8 pan is too small as it bakes, trust me on this). Can do this while the oven is preheating. Can also just melt in the microwave but it adds 5-10 minutes to cook time.

In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients until well mixed, then add milk and stir to break up clumps. Creates a thin batter that gets thicker as it sits.

Take the hot pan with the melted butter out of the oven. Or, if melted in the microwave, spread the butter around the bottom of your pan.

Pour batter mixture over the melted butter. Evenly add the large can of peaches with the juice over the butter and batter. Do not mix.

Bake uncovered until top is browned, 40 - 55 minutes.
My wife made this yesterday and we were very happy, especially for first timers! We'll make minor adjustments next time to get the center less moist, but very happy. Thanks for the Recipe. Next time we can get good enough fresh peaches, we're gonna use Brian's recipe. Here's a Picture of the finished Cobbler.
IMG_1913.jpg

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky