Pasture Raised Pork Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn Jake those ribs look great. Surprised as well being that thin they were that good but hard to argue with the results. I will check out that sauce. Private selection makes some great salad dressings we eat all of the time. Hope you had a great fathers day.

Reactions: TNJAKE
A darned fine looking cook Jake, love it! I'm wondering how they just open the latch to the pig pen so the hogs can hang out in the pasture with the cows. I mean, how are they going to slop the hogs if they're all running around in a field, sort of a free range pig I reckon. Maybe that's why the ribs were a little thin, the hogs aren't getting as much to eat out in the pasture! I reckon I'll just Google "Mississippi Hog Farmers", see what I can find out. RAY

Beautiful looking ribs Jake and a fantastic meal. Glad you're liking that rub. Been my mainstay pork rub for a log time and the first one I ever put together on my own. Still use it regularly.

On a different note, I can attest to the outstanding quality of Homeplace Pastures. I've gotten quite a bit of stuff from them and it's all been top shelf.

Robert

Damn Jake those ribs look great. Surprised as well being that thin they were that good but hard to argue with the results. I will check out that sauce. Private selection makes some great salad dressings we eat all of the time. Hope you had a great fathers day.
Thanks John I was pleasantly surprised. Agree on private selection. They have an olive/feta dressing that is fire

A darned fine looking cook Jake, love it! I'm wondering how they just open the latch to the pig pen so the hogs can hang out in the pasture with the cows. I mean, how are they going to slop the hogs if they're all running around in a field, sort of a free range pig I reckon. Maybe that's why the ribs were a little thin, the hogs aren't getting as much to eat out in the pasture! I reckon I'll just Google "Mississippi Hog Farmers", see what I can find out. RAY
Thanks ray. These are pastured pigs that are raised on grass

Beautiful looking ribs Jake and a fantastic meal. Glad you're liking that rub. Been my mainstay pork rub for a log time and the first one I ever put together on my own. Still use it regularly.

On a different note, I can attest to the outstanding quality of Homeplace Pastures. I've gotten quite a bit of stuff from them and it's all been top shelf.

Robert
Thanks Robert. Love the rub and haven't been disappointed in home place yet

TNJAKE TNJAKE I've started the family subscription box from Home Place pastures. And your right, initially I was skeptical as to the appearance and weight of the meat. But after a couple of months of cooking with it I have become very impressed. No it, doesnt have the layers of fat and etc that you get from grocery store meat. But the flavor is beyond great. Guessing that comes from being pasture raised and not being pumped full of 'roids and antibiotics.
Your ribs look great!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky