"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, from your posts and your website, I'd also say that you would be a great asset to the OTBS.
Ya got my vote.........
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Now ya gotta teach me sausage.
wink.gif

Welcome to the Horney Moose Saloon. It comes complete with sacked beer cans, an old dryer hose, and a deer feeder on the table. Come right on in. Nothing pretentious here.
3ec87392_vbattach12022.jpg

Folks, this was sent to me via PM, thought I'd post it here for your comments!

Goat, I've noted your nomination and the seconds, you're in buddy!! I'll take care of the details in a bit-on my way to a meeting.

My Perfect Smokin session
My best smokin session was the day my wife had me do a chicken, I rubbed the outside of the bird with olive oil, and used a rub of Paprika, bown sugar, Kosher salt, and pepper. It smoked over Black Cherry and we made darn pigs of ourselves, we ate the whole thing in one sitting. The other one was last 4th of July when we created Cyndi Burgers (my wifes name & idea) Ground chuck, crumbled bacon, shreeded coljack cheese, and lea & Perins smoked over Hickory. This time the guests mad pigs out of themselves. This year they are bringing the goodies (and beer) and I smoke. I am really getting into this hobby aand I would like to be considered for the OTBS. Thank you I also love this site and I've only been here a few days.

Skeeter

Congratulations Goat. The Horney Moose Saloon looks like my kind of joint. You can't get thrown out, cause your already out
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congratulations Goat and welcome to the Order.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

May your smoke allways be Thin and Blue.

How about a round of Goat Meatballs for everyone
icon_mrgreen.gif

I can't hardly drink without cooking.

Thanks to everyone. I hope that I can help in some way. I am not a competition cooker. The only competition team I help with is "The Holy Cow Cookers" and that is at one cook-off - PARTY IN Houston, TX. You can see the results of this on my blog page @ www.darylecoates.com .

Once again thanks to all. Do I hear a Here - Here?

Hi all, I am new to this forum, but definitely not new to smoking. I have been smoking for several years now, and although I have humble equipment... A CharGriller Super Pro with SFB, I turn out what is in my opinion some pretty darn good Q. So much so that I have friends and family constantly tell me that I need to compete. Although I don't feel that I am ready for this step, I have picked up some invaluable tips over the years from several BBQ, and Smoking related sites. I have developed my own rub that everyone seems to like better than most others that we've tried, and I make my own sauce every time I cook. I have used existing recipes, as well as my own and have had some great success. I have collected thousands of Q related recipes, and I try them often. I am both loved and hated in my neighborhood for the aroma that permeates through the area when my fire is going. I have indeed achieved the thin blue smoke on most occasions, however there are those days that anyone with much time under his belt will tell where everything seems conspire against you to ruin your labor of love. Keeping with the pre-requisite of this post, I will have to say that my best, most zen like day q'ing so far was the first day that my ribs came off the smoker in only what I can describe as perfect. There were ten of us eating that day, and several of them curse me even now for ruining what previously was a pleasurable dining experience for them at some of the better known rib serving restaurants in the area. I have made what I thought was better since, but the fist time for me was the best. Like many that i have come across during this journey I am completely hooked. I see myself at 80 standing beside some smoke breathing contraption (cause god knows I try everything I can get my hands on), with an oxygen tank and a spray bottle full of apple juice. HAPPY!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If you would, please accept my request to join the order.

Thank you,
Chris

Hi,

I am also humbly requesting inclusion.

I have been an avid griller for 2 decades. I started smoking two years ago. Since then I have joined the KCBS as a member and judge. I have only judged for one year. The competitions are sparse in my neck of the woods but I have submitted to any that are within 150 miles radius of my home town. I also take extreme pride in my abilities and share whole heartedly with the neighbors (If I didn't I think they would steal the meat right off the smoker some days).

I plan on starting an information web site this summer to help share the wonderful world of smoking.

I have also turned on two friends to the way of life (They first started hanging out and bringing the beer).

I don't participate too much on the board but believe me I learn every time I come here.

Take care,

Brian

Skeeter & Reflect, I'll second your nominations. You both have contributed greatly to this Forum.

Drum roll, please!! Without further delay, I present to all those who peruse our humble pages our newest inductees. Join with me in welcoming our newest members (though some of you have jumped the gun
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
)!

Brother goat; OTBS #064
Brother Skeeter; OTBS #065
Brother Refelct; OTEB #066

I humbly accept the nomination to this regal order. And in celebration I plan on sacrificing a chicken to the great smoking gods tomorrow, and if they don't want it, I'll eat the sucker

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky