"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations and Welcome to the OTBS
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I thought he had been inducted into the Order too, Rodger. I looked and looked through the Order roster but didn't see the ol' Wildcat listed. Don't beat up on ya to hard-this getting old routine sucks for me too!!
icon_razz.gif

Dutch...If I may sir...
Go to page #34 of the OTBS thread...post # 332...that is the one where Rodger nominated Wildcat.. then on the same page...post # 338, is where you announced the induction of Wildcat..as member 41...had to check back...because I too thought he had already been inducted....

Well fer crying out loud (we need an icon of a butt being kicked)!! Yep you're right Richard, “right there in black and whiteâ€. . . “plain as the nose on my faceâ€. . .“as pretty as the cute little mole on the Mrsâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s (never mind!!) Once again I done went and made somebody a member of the Order and didn't put 'em on the Master Roster. Oh well- so as not to screw up everyoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s roster number after #040, Wildcat please pardon my oversight and accept my most sincere apology and please accept OTBS #061, in the spirit that it was offered.

Thanks!

i
Iam truly grateful to be part of such a distinguished group . i hope that i can give a fraction as much as i recived from you all. dutch im glad youre feeling better, and larry., i aint mad at cha. thanx again

Dutch, if I am reading the post that Vulcan specified and comparing it to the master list, it looks as if gypc was also left out of the list.
icon_redface.gif
I always wondered why he didn't list himself as OTBS, but I know it is a personal preference to list it or not. Would you please check into this as gypc is very much worthy of inclusion.

Don't want to be a turd here, although I do enjoy it :), but I have some questions, comments, and requests.

Question: What all do you have to "master" to join the OTBS? The normal chicken, ribs, brisket, pulled pork?

Comment: I like have'n goals, this is one of them. I've had great smokes, but look up to the people in the OTBS, and others of course. I feel like I "could" nominate myself, but that is too easy. I need to earn it. Just my opinion.

Requests: Easy for me to sit here and ask for this, so I will. I'd like to see another step, level, what ever you may want to call it. This would separate, lets say Dutch from BigAL. I'm not near the smoker/cook as Dutch, therefore why should I be at the same "level" as Dutch. This would also help newbies, and oldies, to know if the guy(lets use BigAL again) is just a green turd and gets lucky sometimes, or if the guy(if I may use Dutch) has many perfect smoke'n sessions under his belt. A good example is make'n your own recipe, ie wicked b.beans.

Just some thoughts, don't want any competitions, just goals.

I am not going to nominate myself until I have made great ribs 3 times in a row. So far, my ribs taste like _________. I'm also working on a fish item as we speak, salmon.

As I am a turd, I have now pinched this one off and you will now be taken to your regularly scheduled progam. Thank you

Like I mentioned to Monty, I really beginning to hate page #34!!

I remember making gypc a member of the Order, the fact that I assigned him a number is proof of that. IIRC, that was the week that I was sick with the flu and a sinus infection and was trying to function in a drug induced stupor (that's my story and I'm sticking to it
tongue.gif
!)

Gypc- OTBS #062 is yours, Bro.

Congratulations gypc!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
[size=-3]©2 [size=-3]©20 [size=-3]©2002 by[/size]
[size=-3]clicksmilies.com[/size] 02 by[/size]

[size=-3]clicksmilies.com[/size] 002 by[/size]

[size=-3]clicksmilies.com[/size]

Al, Although you don't have to "master" any of the meats, a good foundation of Smoking Knowledge helps. As for nominations, I was going to toss your name into the ring because I feel that you know your stuff and deserve the honor. But if you want to wait a bit, I'll honor your request.

As for adding another level or step to the Order, I'm open for ideas, but don't plan on seeing anything happening anytime soon! Was the above posts have pointed out, I'm having trouble keeping the current list straight! I think that looking at a persons "Joined Date" could give a green turd (your words-not mine
icon_mrgreen.gif
) an idea of a Order member's Queing level.

Sounds good Dutch. Yes, I'd like to wait. Once I get ribs right, then I'll talk to ya. It would be an honor to join the OTBS, but as I said.........I want to earn it.

Thanks Dutch, keep up the good work.

I would like to make a nomination to the royal order, I know he has been helpful in many ways and always will be. I would like to see Big Al become a part of the family in The Thin Blue Smoke.

Marvin, check out page#58 (post #'s 579 & 580). I offered to nominate BigAl, but he said he's not ready quite yet and would like us to hold off on his nomination. Said he'd let us know when he's ready.

I feel we have overlooked a valuble member of our forum for inclusion into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke in Zardnock. He has allways given help and advice when needed, and with his knowledge operates that monster smoker of his "Puff" with ease as well as turning out some incredble Q!!

Therefore I hereby nominate Zardnock.

I second that Tonto, I wanted to nominate him but since we are both from La. I preferred that it come from someone else. I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to recognize his expertise
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky