Oops he got the wrong meat!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

killerque

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
clinton ms
It has been awhile since I have posted anything. I have not had time to try much new in awhile.

A friend asked I would double smoke some store hams for him. Well he showed up with 6 fresh hams purchased from a meat wholesaler. There is no way I can cure and have them ready for him (4 days). So I will hold them for Christmas for him.

In y'all's opinion should I go ahead and cure/smoke them now and freeze or just freeze and cure in time for Christmas.
I have never cured one that has been frozen. These are fresh hams not enhanced. Never even been shrink wrapped.

Attachments

• PXL_20231114_230130276.jpg
    PXL_20231114_230130276.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: JLeonard
Here's a thread that may help:

I want to thank everybody for suggestions on this post. I followed Dave's directions from a previous post and all worked out. Last year ended hectic and this year ain't looking any better. I just wanted to say everything worked out and made 6 perfect hams. Thanks for all the responses.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky