Ontario, Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gareth

Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Kingston, Ontario
Hello,

While not a native Canadian (I'm a brit), well as much as anyone who has spent their whole life traveling can be considered from one country.  I've lived in 10 countries and counting now.  I think visited over 32.  Put it this way, when I went to apply for my PR visa after marrying a Canadian...over the last 10 years I have made 118 trips in and out of countries. 

My name is Gareth, which for you Americans is nothing like Garth.

I've been a chef ever since I left culinary school (still haven't found my niche food...before you ask), most recently working in a place where we had a Cookshack...made our own bacon, ham, cured meats, cured sausage, fresh sausage, semi cured smoked sausage, cured cuts of meat from Guanciale to Bresaola.  Fantastic place.  There were only two of us doing all this work.  So I guess while my skill level isn't at the basic level, I do feel I have a heck of a lot to learn. 

I'm looking at buying a Smokin Tex 1460 (after doing a lot of research...to think my original budget was $300), and having a jolly good play. 

I've been lurking here for a bit, the forum looks amazing.  Well done to everyone!

Oh, I should also say I'm an avid gardener (while I do grow some beauty only flowers, slowly but surely my proper/food garden is taking over). If there are any other Canadians out there, I would love to chat about local BBQ restaurants ect.

Last edited:
Gareth, welcome aboard glad to have ya sorry I dont know anything about the smokin tex someone should be along shortly to help ya out on it also do a search in search bar this place has a ton of info on it.

Hi Gareth! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

Glad you joined us Gareth. Sounds like you are fairly well versed having practiced your charcuterie and sausage skills, looking forward to hearing more about your experiences, methods and recipes; great to have you here! :welcome1:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky