Only 5 million more to fall from the tree and I will be done for this year. 😕

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I read somewhere that crabapples are really just very small apples. I also read people will splice larger apple variety branches to the established "crabapple" trees and get super results. I have two down back that price apples the size of golf balls but man they are delicious! I made killer applesauce out of them one year.
They really do make great applesauce. Just have to use a lot more of them.
And crabapple jelly is delicious.
Gary

AMEN! I hate those buggers. I so wish I'd never planted them, but I got even with one of them, the chainsaw , you know........
I cut down the three in front of the house quite a few years ago, probably more than 10 years.... the loner in the back yard is gonna go when I decide to drop the coin to have the oak topped or removed.

Same here, front one gone, back yard one works twice as hard to make up for the loss of his partner. One almost has to see it to believe just how many of the "fruits" they produce. What are they called anyway?

I call them a pain in the butt some people call them Siberian Crab Apple

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky