Ok Florida smokers...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes it does I'll bring in the smoker and grills then tie the boat to the trailer and add water. The patio stuff goes in the pool when it gets windy

Good luck folks..I have a home in st.pete, with a lot of good friends around it. the home has held up in the past.but, have always gotten lucky in the tampa, st.pete area for some reason they do not want to come on land there.
my brother and friends up north have played hell in the hurricane season.

if you all did not know this.a little wisdom. if you have a generator hooked up to you home.ensure the feed coming in from the state is shut off (if power goes out). as small amounts of power can come in and fry electrical items.

be safe. and have the ride of your life..

That's closer than Elena in 85... I'm not digging this...
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

Its also closer to me at landfall with this new path I will keep updating the projected path but remember the one that was projected to hit the big bend area and made a right turn and hit south and then proceeded to hammer the center of the state too. Everyone in Florida needs to keep up with what is going on with this storm!

Pucker factor is rising a bit. Not to the point of moving to the center of the house, but dreading all I have to do to prep! This year we got moved from evac zone D to no evac. Watchin a hurricane track to us Floridians is like a Californian watchin a high speed chase!

we dont have hills unless youre in brooksville!!!

Watchin a hurricane track to us Floridians is like a Californian watchin a high speed chase!

unfortunately yes and i think we are all better at !!

Don't worry Flash it has to run over the top of me first to get ya but I don't think I'll slow it much
biggrin.gif

I headed to my local grocery store and they were already out of some supplies. Tomorrow will be crazy so the sooner you can get up and at 'em, the better.

Jerry, Flash, and Seboke - I'm watching this storm with you guys in mind, and everyone else on that coast. Jerry, thanks for the updates on the path, I'm checking this site more often than the local news!

Vlap - get that kayak stocked, you may need it to paddle around the roads for a bit.

Its not going to be more then a low power cat 1 storm. Thats a walk in the park. Looks like she will be hitting far to the south of me. Tomorrow will be a windy rainy day. I might not even worry about hurricane supplies. I plan on a full work day tomorrow.

I'm suppose to go and look at a job Tuesday in Melbourne, I hope I can re-scedule this, I really don't want to be driving back and forth across Florida right now.

I have my genny all tuned and gassed up, hurricane shutters ready to go up if needed, frige full of water and beer, and plenty of food. I'm in the highest elevated area in St. Pete so I don't have to evacuate. It shouldn't be to bad, and may miss us completely, but it's good to be prepared.

Yes we all need to be prepared the track is sure to change again. So far they are still saying cat 1 which is some good news at least

Whats wrong with driving in a hurricane? I am sure the job in Melbourne will re-schedule. They have been through a few.

got water
got vodka
got beer
got rice and beans
good to go...sure wish that thing would go out into the GOMEX for a little bit to stir up some waves though...nothing like surfing hurricane swell on the Gulf.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky