Nooch Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
This would be sausage with nutritional yeast added.

IMG_1826.jpeg

On the advise of 2 guys and a cooler I’m making Nooch sausage today, I’ll follow Eric’s recipe for the most part, haven’t decided to add cure #1 or not but after tasting the yeast Im inclined to add cure. I think it will be a rich but balanced sausage. I’ll post up the finish later, until then here is the link to the recipe and a video from Celebrate Sausage.

https://twoguysandacooler.com/nooch-sausage/

Looking good! My wife uses nutritional yeast in place of cheese on popcorn and some other stuff. She says it has a cheese like flavor.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
DougE DougE and Fueling Around Fueling Around , I can tell you that this does kinda have a cheesy flavor or resemblance kinda but also brings an earthy umami and elevates the richness with cure 1. Kind of on the level of a cheddar sausage but it’s not exactly cheese. It’s delicious and John, it’s low sodium so I definitely think it’s an ingredient you need to play with. Really elevates flavor.

Is the cure necessary? Debating between trying fresh versus cured.

Almost bedtime here on the east side.

Thanks for the low sodium tips. I got my yeast at a bulk store and forgot to take a photo of the label.

Is the cure necessary? Debating between trying fresh versus cured.

Almost bedtime here on the east side.

Thanks for the low sodium tips. I got my yeast at a bulk store and forgot to take a photo of the label.
No, cure is not necessary. The original recipe from 2 guys has no cure.

Reactions: Fueling Around
This would be sausage with nutritional yeast added.

View attachment 686327
On the advise of 2 guys and a cooler I’m making Nooch sausage today, I’ll follow Eric’s recipe for the most part, haven’t decided to add cure #1 or not but after tasting the yeast Im inclined to add cure. I think it will be a rich but balanced sausage. I’ll post up the finish later, until then here is the link to the recipe and a video from Celebrate Sausage.

https://twoguysandacooler.com/nooch-sausage/
If nutritional yeast tastes anything like
The yeast extract that I got from make it meaty I’m sure it’s really tasty… the yeast extract is really good on a lot of stuff I have yet to try it in sausage

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky