No Foil Chuckie Success Stories?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njfoses

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
South Jersey
Thinking about smoking my first chuckie next weekend for pulled beef.  I know the foil vs no foil topic is a never ending debate but it seems everybody foils their chuckie.  I dont foil my butt's as i like the heavy bark but im afraid of the chuckie drying out if i dont foil.  Does anybody have any success stories with a no foil chuckie taken to 205 deg for pulling?

Here's the last I documented (from my signature line):

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...hamber-cherry-balsamic-finishing-sauce-q-view

The above demonstrates a dry smoke chamber as well as no-foil on a pair of chuckies, with zero dry rub or prep prior to smoking, finished with a cherry/balsamic based finishing sauce (recipe included). If different but easy and tasty may be of interest to you, I recommend it.

Eric

Here's the last I documented (from my signature line):

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...hamber-cherry-balsamic-finishing-sauce-q-view

The above demonstrates a dry smoke chamber as well as no-foil on a pair of chuckies, with zero dry rub or prep prior to smoking, finished with a cherry/balsamic based finishing sauce (recipe included). If different but easy and tasty may be of interest to you, I recommend it.

Eric
Thanks for that link.  Those chuckie's sure took a long time without the foil, especially if you would have brought them up a bit higher to 200 or so deg!  I would be using a basic rub of probably just spog and probably a bit of bbq sauce on the side if desired.  Was good to see the meat wasn't dry without foiling which is my main concern along with time.  I might just foil this go around since it is my first chuckie, but if anybody else has a no foil story they care to share im all ears!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky