Newbie to smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jasonrmcc

Original poster
Dec 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Newbie smoker here from CT. I'm getting started thanks to a Christmas gift! I'm going to be smoking with a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker.

I've been doing lots of reading and research and I'm starting with brisket this Saturday morning! Unfortunately I made a slight mistake and didn't get the packer's cut, rather a 6# flat with fat cap on it still. I'm stopping at the butcher's tomorrow for a whole brisket that I plan to smoke Monday.

I look forward to scouring the forums and soaking up lots of
your knowledge!

Cheers,

Jay

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a cloudy cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                   great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Welcome to the forum. You can make some pastrami with the flat. Brisket for your first smoke is very daring. Good luck and read lots of threads on here about brisket and you'll do just fine.

Welcome to the forum. You can make some pastrami with the flat. Brisket for your first smoke is very daring. Good luck and read lots of threads on here about brisket and you'll do just fine.

I've read for hours, so I'm confident it will come out edible, but I have much higher expectations for myself [emoji]128521[/emoji] Thanks for the welcome and advice!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky