New Weber Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
I just got around to unpacking and assembling the 22&1/2" Weber my DW got me for last weeks B-Day, my 5th one in 43 years. The last one took 15 years to fall apart, the front leg would fall off every time I moved it. They appear to be a lot better constructed these days, little spring loaded thingy's that hold the legs in place, a nice feature. I'll break it in with hot coals for 15 minutes, then it's Hipshot bacon cheeseburgers for dinner! RAY
DSCN1189.JPG

Congrats! I just went a little Weber crazy myself... bought and assembled a new 22.5 Kettle last night to go with the 22.5 WSM that's on it's way to me, and I bought the little Smokey Joe at HD on my lunch break today and will assemble that one tonight. Break in for all three will be this weekend!

I love my 22.5 kettle, with indirect heat. Just did a spatch cock chicken last night and OMG!

Congrats! I just went a little Weber crazy myself... bought and assembled a new 22.5 Kettle last night to go with the 22.5 WSM that's on it's way to me, and I bought the little Smokey Joe at HD on my lunch break today and will assemble that one tonight. Break in for all three will be this weekend!

Honey Badger!

Sweet, congrats to you Kevin! I see you're from Sacto, we just moved to Gilbert AZ four months ago after living in Elk Grove for the last fifteen years. California is a great place to be from, I don't miss the State of Confusion one little bit. I don't think there's a single thing I haven't cooked up on a Weber in 43 years, it's the best all around unit a man could have. I keep a Smoky Joe in my Lance camper, perfect for steaks, burgers, and fish. Nice break-in last night with a southwest bacon hipshot burger, baby backs on the SQ36 tonight. RAY
DSCN1190.JPG

Reactions: kevin james
Sweet, congrats to you Kevin! I see you're from Sacto, we just moved to Gilbert AZ four months ago after living in Elk Grove for the last fifteen years. California is a great place to be from, I don't miss the State of Confusion one little bit. I don't think there's a single thing I haven't cooked up on a Weber in 43 years, it's the best all around unit a man could have. I keep a Smoky Joe in my Lance camper, perfect for steaks, burgers, and fish. Nice break-in last night with a southwest bacon hipshot burger, baby backs on the SQ36 tonight. RAY
View attachment 408554

That looks great! I was actually thinking about doing some burgers on the kettle tonight for a maiden voyage. After seeing your pic, I don't think I can possibly wait until the weekend! And lets be honest... it's not exactly like I need much prompting or any real excuse to fire the grill up LOL

Go for it Kevin! I was wondering if there was any break-in smoke recommended so I got on the Weber site yesterday. They said 20 minutes with hot coals to get rid of any oils or packing gook, then it's good to go. RAY

I bought the 26" kettle 3 years ago. Average about 50 cooks a year on it. Weber is the only charcoal grill I have ever owned for the last 43 years.

Me 2! Dead tired after smoking baby backs on the SQ36 today, will report in the morning, they were GREAT! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky