New to smoking meat but not new to eating it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jason_Mac

Original poster
Dec 29, 2018
Oklahoma, United States
Hello,

Glad to see there is a forum for smoking meat. I am new to this trade but have been eating smoked meat my whole life. I just bought an electric smoker because honestly, I love smoked bbq but hate all the work that goes into it. My true passion is woodturning but I want to eat good smoked bbq without a lot of effort. I am hear to learn.

Reactions: SonnyE
Hi Jason!
Welcome to:
small-logo.png

You are in the right place to learn how to pursue your passion for smoked anything. These guys know their stuff!
As a fellow splinter dabbler, learn what woods will work, and always avoid the bad ones when it comes to using shavings in your smoker.
I had a nice chunk of Oak I finally shaved up in my Jointer into oak shavings for sm00kin.
But anymore, I just take specified Pellets, and dissolve them into dust and dry them for smokin fuel.
And an AMNPS is a really great tool for your smoker. It can burn pellets, and can burn sawdust (made from pellets).
I fell fast in Love with Smoked meat as a child. It's been a passion of mine my whole life.
But not until I stumbled into SMF did I finally find the folks and the ways to perfect my passion.

Reactions: Jason_Mac
Welcome Jason!!
Been working with wood all of my life. Mostly Kitchens & Entertainment cabinets (20 years), and Chainsaw Carving.
Smoking Meat for only 9 years.
The only turning I've done was I used to reverse-turn Christmas Ornaments.

If you want to see what you can do with an Electric Smoker, click on my "Step by Step" (Below).

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky