New RecTeq models

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ross77

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Minneapolis
They showed 3 new grills today. Two more tomorrow.

Nothing ground breaking but they look a little more modern. We'll see about the other two tomorrow.

Ah the biggest upgrade is the maybe heard my complaining about the upper rack on the 1250 being a little to high….. they lowered it on the beast and new 1100. The beast is sans a stack which is nice as well

Interested in the “game changer” ones……

They announced the "SmokeStone"- wood fired griddle and the "DualFire"- a dual chambered grill.

I'm in the market for a new pellet grill. Have been holding off to see if I can catch a clearance price. My budget is $500 to $1000. Its nice to see they have added some improvements, but not upped the prices. New Deck Boss is the upgraded 590, same price. Very tempting...

That griddle looks pretty cool. I have to vouch for RecTeq. I've had my mini (now it's the 590) going on 9 years now. The only thing I've replaced is the fire rod. That thing has been a tank. Also, RecTeq's customer service is above par.

Reactions: stainless
I didn’t think this would happen but as a Recteq 1250 owner, I’m a little jelly…… just love love love the re-adjusted top shelf and that dual flame…..I would have that!! The griddle I’ll be watching that one for sure as well!

I'm in the market for a new pellet grill. Have been holding off to see if I can catch a clearance price. My budget is $500 to $1000. Its nice to see they have added some improvements, but not upped the prices. New Deck Boss is the upgraded 590, same price. Very tempting...
If you are looking for a discount, you might want to wait until Black Friday and see if there are any discounts available then.

I've been mostly looking at grills that are doublewalled. Not many in my price range, SilverBac, ZGrills 7052B, used traeger ironwood or timberline. How do the recteqs do in cold weather? Do you use a DIY blanket of some kind, or not needed?
The Deck Boss meets all of my other criteria, good reputation and support (from what I've read), the right size for my needs, and the update looks great with a beefier build.

If you find you need a blanket, and they don't have a cold weather blanket for their grill, you can get welding blankets pretty cheap at Harbor Freight.

The Recteqs don’t need a blanket, I smoke all winter long….in the single digits and below….

Thanks for the input on blankets. Now lets see if I can wait for a sale...the Backyard Beast looks like a nice option too for a little more $$

Thanks for the input on blankets. Now lets see if I can wait for a sale...the Backyard Beast looks like a nice option too for a little more $$
This is just me but for just a bit more you get the second shelf option on the Beast vs the Boss. This opens the door to under drip pans set ups for braising and such. You can get a free-standing shelf but the two racks is really nice.

I also wanted to add that they also added the lid drip edge on all the new models, ie really reduces the drips down the front.

This is just me but for just a bit more you get the second shelf option on the Beast vs the Boss. This opens the door to under drip pans set ups for braising and such. You can get a free-standing shelf but the two racks is really nice.

I also wanted to add that they also added the lid drip edge on all the new models, ie really reduces the drips down the front.
The extra shelf would be nice. I like plenty of room for sides and such. I've seen some posts suggesting that Ace Hardware may be selling an Ace exclusive model, in the picture it looks like a Beast. I love shopping at my local Ace, if they carry the Beast thats my decision made.

Reactions: civilsmoker
I second this. I was smoking brats last X-mas eave with my RecTeq and it was 5°. I'm sure it burned a few more pellets than normal, but it did fine.
Yup, I remembered this post as it had the temps along with the story…..265 deg cook.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...-chucks-a-tale-in-pictures-and-words….318607/

Oh and a second example…..235 deg cook
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/the-prime-rib-dinner-in-pictures.318868/

I have smoked many many smokes at these temps and had many weeks of even colder and blowing snow….yes a few more pellets but other than that it kept temp and produced tasty Q in the dead dark cold of winter land!

I emailed Recteq and they are partnering with Ace Hardware, BUT it may not be all stores. They have some available in test markets with a 'big' roll out in November. I contacted a few of my local Ace stores, so far none of them have opted in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky