New old guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

explorer 10

Original poster
Aug 30, 2017
Media Pa.
Hi everyone, I'm Bill and just recently retired. Did 40 years with Verizon then 5 years as the whiskey, vodka and beer guide at a local Total Wine store. Not a bad gig! Just getting into smoking with a 14 in. WSM. It's a little small but has worked good for an empty nest. My wife is not a big meat eater so I think it will work for me. I like to do a little research before trying things and this site looks like the perfect place to start. Love to read how you smoking vets do your thing! Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Ray. See your a Weber fan too. Only grills I ever owned. The smoker is a whole new world. Never did anything low and slow! I'm stoked! 

Thanks Ray. See your a Weber fan too. Only grills I ever owned. The smoker is a whole new world. Never did anything low and slow! I'm stoked! 
YW Bill.  LOTS and LOTS of Weber fans here using Kettles, WSMs in all three sizes, and gassers.  They last just about forever and turn out mouthwatering Q. 

Low n slow works, so does hot n fast.  You'll find what you like best once you get real familiar with your little bullet smoker.  Enjoy the discovery!

Ray

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a real nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky