New MB Duel Fuel Changeout to Natural Gas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kamphiker

Original poster
Jan 12, 2018
MB Pro 30" Duel Fuel

Received as a Christmas Gift as soon as it was out of the box I changed out the Orifice to one I had on hand with approx. 1/16" diameter hole. Plenty of heat generated can get it up to 500° F. F.

3 smokes so far 1st was 3 whole Mackerels (Head on, gutted fins off) approx 3 lbs each. made hooks to hang from a rod. Made Dip with leftovers :)

2nd was a Boston Butt
3rd Whole chicken & Turkey Breast.

Flavor seems to be getting better with age as is my learning curve with this one (I've had 3 R2D2 style Dome smokers over the past 30 years... My first or 2nd was a Smokin Cajun Justin Wilson ... LOL

Not sure i'll ever use this on Charcoal as I like the Gas & Keeping a consistent temp.

I added a 10" cast Iron skillet for the wood on top of the stock coal/wood pan. Bougth the Skillet from Goodwill for $ 5.00 this is an antique with a lot more metal in it than the wally world ones.

so far I like this smoker.
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 1.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 15
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
Only problem with burning natural gas is that the pressure is low and as such, the gas going through the orifice does not have enough velocity to suck enough air through the venturi for combustion. It only pulls about 40% of the combustion air needed-the rest is burnt up inside the smoker. So you will by burning some of your smoke you generate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky