New Mascot ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bud's bbq

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Ada, MI
As some of you know, Wylie Q was an erstwhile and honorable BBQ mascot who helped us kick off the first Gathering. Sadly, we lost Wylie in August. Wylie, as every one knows, also caused the infamous grassy ribs (sic, grassy knoll) fiasco at said gathering.
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

We just returned from our last comp of the year in Libertyville, Illinois. And, we found this wonderful little appricot standard poodle.

Well, we are pleased to introduce Maggie Q, a more valued prize than we have ever brought back from any bbq competition.

Please welcome Maggie:

1000856vt4.jpg

Beautiful dog. Never met Wylie, only pics from the SMF gathering. I'm certain Maggie Q will bring you as much happiness as Wylie. Certainly a mascot quality pooch.

Bud,

Congrats on the new addition to the family... I am sure there is no replacing Wylie but Maggie Q will find a great place in your and Tonto's heart as well as everyone else that meets her.

I showed the picture to Abi and she said, "Oh.. I want one!"
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Hi Maggie... Don't let Bud get you in trouble for any future "salad ribs".
smile.gif

Glad to see you have a new addition Bud n Theresa. Congrats

Meow! - Nice to see Maggie Q. Our Maine Coon Cat is named Maggie and she likes Q too!.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Bud and Theresa, congrats on your loverly new addition... she's a sweetheart!

I hope you're feeling well Theresa... I am sure that Maggie Q will help with that!

Thanks ya'll...she's a little sweetheart..(so far
smile.gif
) As you can see from the backround we are crate training her. We both forgot just how much work and consistencey it takes with a pup
rolleyes.gif
But hopefully it will be worth it in the end. She seems to be a quick study.......but I'll let you know when the first chair leg or ??? whatever gets chewed up
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif
Hopefully not
icon_wink.gif

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......she just seemed 'rib ready'. The first doggie toy she took to was the John Deer toy.

Why 'Maggie'? ......because of 'ultra Mag'!!!

Hmmm this sounds familar. Let's see.. where's those pictures??
icon_evil.gif

Congratulations on your new arrival!

Maggie-Q will do well by you! She looks like a real sweetheart! Best o' luck! And now, back to training!

Cheers!

Congrats on you wonderful addition... Hopefully you can teach her to guard the smoker while you're away instead of waiting till you leave to get a snack...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky