New in central Massachusetts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Learch2112

Original poster
May 9, 2018
Hi all...I’m new to the hobby. Fired up an 18” WSM last weekend for the first time. Happy with the cook...just a couple of whole chickens. Turned out pretty damn good in my opinion. Lol! Had a bit of an issue with temp going down at the end but attribute that to not enough fuel at the start...learning curve and all. Going to get a little more ambitious this weekend. Wish me luck!

Welcome fellow New Englander. With my 22 I basically always fill the ring up, and choke it down when my cook is complete. Any unburnt coals I store away for a future cook.

Chris

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

In Central Mass, you are close to BT’s Smokehouse. Besides having amazing food, the rubs he sells are fantastic!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky