New here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danny Taz

Original poster
Mar 28, 2018
Hi, Name is Dan and live in Brooklyn New York. Been smoking meats a few years. I've had an inexpensive offset smoker. I bought a new one at the end of the year didn't open it yet. I am looking to up date my assessors. Injector, wireless thermometer etc. Thanks

Reactions: SonnyE
Welcome to the site Dan. What have you got in the way of accessories now? Knowing what you have now will help us recommend upgrades.

You can, pretty much, spend what you want on thermometers. I don't have a fancy injector but I don't have to worry about injecting large volumes. It's been a while but I think that this is the one I bought;

Welcome to the site Dan. What have you got in the way of accessories now? Knowing what you have now will help us recommend upgrades.

You can, pretty much, spend what you want on thermometers. I don't have a fancy injector but I don't have to worry about injecting large volumes. It's been a while but I think that this is the one I bought;

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=BBQ+injectors

(One of these Jack? Your link was broke.)

Hi, Name is Dan and live in Brooklyn New York. Been smoking meats a few years. I've had an inexpensive offset smoker. I bought a new one at the end of the year didn't open it yet. I am looking to up date my assessors. Injector, wireless thermometer etc. Thanks

Hi Danny. Welcome to SMF! :)

Reactions: Danny Taz

Welcome aboard Dan, What part of Brooklyn? I was born in Bay ridge, Gatling place to be exact. Haven't lived or visited in a long time. This was at the same time the Verrazano Bridge was being built. Enjoy the site and ask questions, Use the search function to get you started on what you want to upgrade. Once you find something of interest ask for more details and you should be good to go.

Dem Bums
Chris

Reactions: Danny Taz
I thought that the link looked unusual after I posted it. Should have gone back and checked it out.

I believe that mine is the "Bayou Classic".

Wow! That's a really nice one!

The wife has a plastic one, but I have never used it myself.
I never liked "shot-ers". We got a lot of shots as kids in the 1950's. And they always saved the dull needles for us.
And they always looked to be the size of a Bridge Nail.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Dan, What part of Brooklyn? I was born in Bay ridge, Gatling place to be exact. Haven't lived or visited in a long time. This was at the same time the Verrazano Bridge was being built. Enjoy the site and ask questions, Use the search function to get you started on what you want to upgrade. Once you find something of interest ask for more details and you should be good to go.

Dem Bums
Chris
Thanks Chris, Marine Park

I bought a Oklahoma Joe's Highland smoker. I just noticed its not a reverse flow. I didn't open it yet and thinking of getting something better. suggestions anyone?

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky