New Guy. Impulse buy (X2). Alberta, Canada.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you are only taking to 125-140ish it should only take a few hours. On shorter beef smokes like that I prefer to run mesquite. Some people find it to be too much, I rather enjoy it.

Really? ~13lbs, to 140ish... How long are you thinking and at what temp?

I usually run 225~250. If you are looking to have the roast for dinner I would put it on about 5am to give it time to rest. You will help yourself by getting a welding blanket or other heat resistant cover for the grill also. As others have said, check Bearcarver tips. You can’t go wrong with his tips.

I usually run 225~250. If you are looking to have the roast for dinner I would put it on about 5am to give it time to rest. You will help yourself by getting a welding blanket or other heat resistant cover for the grill also. As others have said, check Bearcarver tips. You can’t go wrong with his tips.

I have an insulated blanket for it, so good on that front.

Hmm, might just risk it overnight maybe it's in the table for lunch rather than dinner, worst-case.

I have an insulated blanket for it, so good on that front.

Hmm, might just risk it overnight maybe it's in the table for lunch rather than dinner, worst-case.
Do you have a remote thermometer? An alarm to wake you up if the chamber or meat temp gets too high or too low.

Do you have a remote thermometer? An alarm to wake you up if the chamber or meat temp gets too high or too low.

I do. Two probes, Bluetooth to my phone. Alarm seems to be louder than any alarm on my phone! Haha. The Mrs is a light sleeper, so I'll be awake if it goes off either way.

In that case… good luck and remember, it didn’t happen if there arent pictures! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Credit where credit is due. You were right! 0630 and it's a little over where I was shooting for. Missed the alarm on my phone apparently, but the Mrs heard it outside when she got up. 146-147' now via my alarm, ThermPro read 152 once I got it off & inside to be wrapped. 7 hour smoke at 225.

Had the potential for lunch over supper, was not expecting breakfast!

What temp did you cook those steaks at?

I think they were 250-275

Attachments

• PXL_20220130_133806796.jpg
    PXL_20220130_133806796.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220130_133905063.jpg
    PXL_20220130_133905063.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 12
Just make sure your grill is away from the house on overnight cooks, pellet grills have been known to flair up and catch fire (not specifically your brand but many). If you are not happy with the smoke profile add a pellet tube and place it inside the grill in addition to what the gill puts out.

Reactions: Barty1884
Looks pretty good. Don’t forget some sliced pictures later on!

Will do. Pretty sure it's going to be breakfast... Don't think I can wait too long.

Just make sure your grill is away from the house on overnight cooks

Noted, thanks. Did have it reasonably away from the house.

Attachments

• PXL_20220130_070213589.jpg
    PXL_20220130_070213589.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 11
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky