new dutch oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I recently purchased this DO....  I got the bail handle so you didn't need 2 hands to move it....    I figured the large size would provide plenty of left over grub, which it does.... Anything worth cooking in a DO is great for left overs....  I re seasoned it using flax seed oil and let me say this, "It is a truly non stick cooking surface... better than Teflon or any of the other "mysterious" space age products"....

"And that's a fact ma'am" (Sgt. Joe Friday).... 9 qt may be too big for you but consider the left overs for sure...  We usually made hocks and beans, or chili, Jambalaya, Spaghetti sauce.... any large recipe that demands long cooking times and left overs....    

OK I've said enough.....    Dave

PS.... like FPNMF above..... One may not be enough.... once you use a properly seasoned chunk of cast iron, you are hooked...  OK, I had to say a little more....   

41tl7q0CHzL._AA300_.jpg

I'v been looking at getting an enamled 6qt for indoors sonce its just me and the wife right now. Otherwise Id go with a 10-12 qt for outdoors/camping.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky