Nekkid Chicken (Grill/smoked) ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Had a big fryer Thursday night in the reefer, Opened it, cleaned it, prepped it (I did not brine it), let it set in the reefer overnight uncovered to dehydrate it some. last night pulled it, split it, put it under a fan for about 30/45 mins. Till skin was starting to dry. You know at that point you've raised the best pellicle you can get. Then I used salt and pepper, then a little vinegar and oil (just like a salad). Vinegar to tenderize and oil for sun tan lotion.

About 30 mins before pulling, I threw some pecan shells in the charcoal. get that good taste with the grilled chicken.

Pictures, to prove it happened!!

IMG_1159.JPG

Ready to grill. Thats some garlic bread in the foil, and some asparagus wrapped in bacon with spring onions and garlic.

IMG_1166.JPG

On the grill almost needed the bigger grill....... LOL

IMG_1169.JPG

I screwed up and started the veggies with the chicken. BTW I use that vinegar and oil mop on it also.

IMG_1171.JPG

Ready to plate! Oh thats homemade sausage there. Ya can't grill and not add some sausages.

Only thing I didn't mention was the tater salad which was pretty dang good too!

Chicken was tender, juicy and perfectly grilled. Only one skin break in the knee of one leg. I am going to have to start using those rubber gloves again to protect the skin. Unbroken skin = juicy juicy.......

That's it. Its Fall, t's time to start grilling again guys.

I'll remember next time to wait to add those veggies! Other than that, it was mighty tastee!

Oh Oh Oh wait!!!

I forgot Dessert!!

IMG_1162.JPG

Thats a chocolate cookie sheet cake. It would seem more pleasant to the eye had I included the chopped nuts. BUT since I have store bought teeth, nuts are NOT my favorite thing anymore. So I omitted them. Hard to beat a good chocolate cookie sheet cake. Only dirty on pan and one tray. Simply a no brainer!

Mighty Tastee supper!

Wow, looks good! Chicken got a nice tan! Need to remember to save the pecan shells, heard they work good in the smoker but haven't tried it. That cake looks delicious, glad you left the nuts off...funny how it disappears so quickly!

Ryan

Awesome!!!
Everything looks Great, Foamy!!!
And a Great Thread too!!
Nice Job!
Like.
And I like that Cookie Sheet Cake without the nuts. I know I'm strange, but I love Nuts & I love Chocolate, but not together!!!!

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
This was my Mom's cake. There was never a cover dish supper, comapany party, BBQ, or cookout she was not expected to bring it and the trays always came home clean, much to my chagrin.

Everything is done in one pan.

Cake
2 sticks butter
1C Water
3T Dutch Powdered Coco
2C Flour
2C sugar
Pinch Salt
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2C Butter milk
2t. baking soda
1t Vanilla extract

Topping
1 stick Butter
3T Dutch powdered Coco
1box Powdered sugar
6T Milk
1C Pecans chopped
1t Vanilla extract

Preheat to 350
Melt butter, water, and cocoa in a large pot.
Sift flour sugar,salt.
Mix Soda, vanilla,buttermilk, eggs and add to Large pot alternating dry and wet till all is combined.
It will look to thin but trust the recipe. Turn into a cookie sheet. Shake to level out the mixture.
Bake at 350 for 27 mins. (no peeking) Rinse out the pot for re-use.

While baking melt topping butter, cocoa, powdered sugar, milk, nuts and vanilla.

Retrieve cake from the oven, it should be slightly pulled away from the sides all the way around.

Allow cake to cool just a little, so it doesn't burn you but isn't yet cold. Add topping and spoon around covering the cake and then let cool.

Ya know it seem to remember posting thios before....Hmmmm......

Enjoy!!

Nice work and like I always say , great color .
I agree on the chicken and sausage grilled together . Just seems to come out better for both .
Nice eats there .

Thinking about throwing a chicken in the smoker tomorrow. Yours look great.
Jim

Thanks, I wish you good luck with that bird..... just remember the smokers most important trait Patience !!

Wow, looks good! Chicken got a nice tan! Need to remember to save the pecan shells, heard they work good in the smoker but haven't tried it. That cake looks delicious, glad you left the nuts off...funny how it disappears so quickly!

Ryan

Thank you, yes I have been using pecan shells for smoke for 40/50 years. Just make sure the shells are picked clean, when you cook nut meat it makes extremely bitter smoke also most like creosote, but not quite that bad.

Good Lord Kevin!
You can’t beat that meal!
Al

Thank you Al.

Awesome!!!
Everything looks Great, Foamy!!!
And a Great Thread too!!
Nice Job!
Like.
And I like that Cookie Sheet Cake without the nuts. I know I'm strange, but I love Nuts & I love Chocolate, but not together!!!!

Bear

Thank you Bear. Make sure and tell Mrs. Bear hi and I think you've been good enough to get one of those fancy raspberry desserts!!! See what I did there.... <Chuckles>

Reactions: JLeonard
As usual Kev, your chicken looks down right beautiful!! The veggies sound real good too--haven't tried that combo yet, but I will.
And of course, there's the desert. I was hoping you would include the recipe--gonna give that a go real soon.
Gary

Thanks Gary, and I posted the recipe above

Awesome looking yard bird.

Warren

Thank you Warren.

foamheart foamheart looks great! Can you share the dessert recipe?

Thank you sir. Yes, I left it above, its so easy, its good, it feeds alot, and only dirty one pot.

Nice work and like I always say , great color .
I agree on the chicken and sausage grilled together . Just seems to come out better for both .
Nice eats there .

Thank you. <whispers> The sausage is always on the grill for the cooks. You throw 3 links on, eat 2 with beer while cooking and bring one in the house cut up with the chicken like that's all you cooked.... and no one ever knows....LOL The cooks are always last to eat anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky