Need help on my cold smoker design for school

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soul

Original poster
Apr 21, 2023
Hello everyone, I currently have to design a high output venturi cold smoker for school, Im planning to use 4in diameter pipe with 1 meter length. I also have a blower for this. Can you suggest me a better design as im still currently thinking if i will use high nozzle or low nozzle.
image_2023-04-22_081606531.png

this is the blower that i will use. I will also use perforated tube for the pipe inside the smoker. Thank you to all that will help.

I do not have an answer for you, but will bump this up so those that can help you out will hopefully see it!

Not sure how low you fan speed will go…but maybe into a modified mailbox with an amps pellet tube for smoke then into the smoker box.

Jim

Reactions: Butt Smoke
Welcome aboard. Sounds like a neat project and would be nice to see what everyone comes up with. Sorry not much help personally.
Good luck . . .

Reactions: JLeonard
You say cold smoke and also mention fish what temperature are you trying to get to? Are you trying to cook the fish or just add some smoke before cooking? I see the fan you have shown do you have to use a fan?

High output venturi cold smoker? Is this a design application meant for commercial or residential use? Also since it's a school project we shouldn't really be doing your homework for you. Ideas and pointing you in the right direction yes, but the nuts and bolts of the smoker need to be yours.

Chris

Some reference material can be found here;
Search for smoke generators.

• Love
Reactions: soul
Hello everyone, I currently have to design a high output venturi cold smoker for school, Im planning to use 4in diameter pipe with 1 meter length. I also have a blower for this. Can you suggest me a better design as im still currently thinking if i will use high nozzle or low nozzle. View attachment 663418
this is the blower that i will use. I will also use perforated tube for the pipe inside the smoker. Thank you to all that will help.
Hey, did you finish this? I'd like to see the final result, maybe even make a video, thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky