My very first pork butt! a little Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emarequick

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Kingman, Az.
So, after reading and reading and reading as much as I possibly could on here I decided to try pulled pork.  It turned out awesome, and friends/family raved about it!  Felt pretty good.  Also did two whole chickens, a fattie, and a bunch of potatoes.  I would like to thank everyone one here that contributes and helps noobs like myself succeed in this awesome hobby.

b7e18855_IMG_20120630_080355.jpg
bdf35143_IMG_20120630_125759.jpg
fd957abf_IMG_20120630_140114.jpg

Looks like you pulled it off great. Congrats on your first butt 

Thanks!  I got called to work right before it was done.  My sons wrapped it, let it rest, and pulled it while I was out.  Longest night at work in my life, I couldn't stop thinking about getting home and trying it out!

Thanks!  I got called to work right before it was done.  My sons wrapped it, let it rest, and pulled it while I was out.  Longest night at work in my life, I couldn't stop thinking about getting home and trying it out!
Does that mean they left you some?

Yeah, I got a sandwich out of it when I got home. I think the  biggest hits were the fattie and the potatoes.  The fattie had sauteed jalapenos and onions in it with some mozzarella cheese. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky