My PID controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

anglerman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Portland/Lansing
I've been lurking here for a while and haven't posted in a couple years so I thought I'd try to share a video of the pid I made for my smokers.

993d33bf04fd2c9d2a5ba56ba40d5c6f.jpg

I have it running a fan controlling my intake air. My fan hooks up to this manifold which is directly under my fire

78fe34dbf44aa139b5a39a713d3410f9.jpg

The controller and fan run off 12 volts which go through a converter so I can plug into 110.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tallbm
That is a very cool looking project.  What did you use for the PID settings?  Did it auto-tune or did you have to manually fiddle with them to get it dialed in?

It's from Auber Instruments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's made for Auber by RKC Instruments, Japan. It's the SA-100. The C-100 I referenced is a cheap Chinese knock-off built to lower tolerances.  That's a very well designed and built unit (the Auber one, not the Chinese one). You should never have a problem with it.

Here's one of my videos of the unit working that I uploaded to YouTube. This is from when I was smoking a meatloaf.

Last edited:
And here's a video of the first trial run nothing cooking. The video makes it look like the controllor temps are flashing actuality they are not doing that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky