My new favorite walleye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jonok

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 4, 2019
Michigan, and points north
Apologies for the lack of smoke.

Fresh caught walleye fillet shaken in seasoned flour, touched in a pan with butter to set the flour, and placed in a stockade of smashed russet potatoes:

EF659E3B-3ABF-4C99-9E36-A92131263D5D.jpeg

Into the broiler for a few minutes until the taters are browned and the fish swimming in a pool of browned butter perfection:

F8CEA6A8-4EE3-442B-8B8A-FA9A9F9FE112.jpeg

Boy, it was good....
36B7D980-A07D-4329-BC6E-7A9771695D3F.jpeg

I am definitely doing this again, but I think it would be an improvement to use a soaked cedar plank, some cheese in the smashed potatoes, (possibly with a change to Yukon Golds) and a nuclear-hot Weber kettle in place of the broiler in my company-supplied house.

Thanks for the Likes guys!

Looking good! Not a big fish eater, but walleye is one of my favorites. We have neighbors that fish Lake Erie and from time to time give us some. Will try this. LIKE.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky