My first smoker.... stainless

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by flua, Aug 21, 2010.

1. harryho

harryho Smoke Blower

So the build is basically a double-barrel type design. What you term to as the ash box is the lower barrel on a double-barrel smoker build.

2. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

pics.....neeed...morrree...pics..... [​IMG]

3. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW again.

This is getting bad, really bad. ur makin us look bad with some of the pics we post. This is not gonna be a smoker, its gonna be displayed as art......Right. Its just to nice to get it all smokey and greasy.

I only hope one day that I can tig half that good. How long have you been welding?

4. flua

flua Fire Starter

More work today whith the smoker. Lucky its near the final ( little tired for the moment [​IMG])  Have to manufature one cold smoke generator (smoke daddy  style) have one airpump from a aquarum in my garage. Ned some picture from som smokegenerator (inside, net)..

Mattias[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

I would be afraid to use it.  It looks to dang good.

6. Looks awesome!! Now were cookin' with smoke!

7. dave54

dave54 Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG][​IMG]

for the bottom (1 st picture) I used a peice of 1/8 inch metal cut it to fit inside the pipe and punched 3/8 holes in it then tacked it

inside the pipe about a 1/2 inch inside it

pipe is 3 inch x 14 I think

and the small exhaust pipe is 3/4 inch

If you still have some scrap stainlees ,can you use it and make the main body

rectangle? It doesn't have to be round  '

8. flua

flua Fire Starter

Ok thanks "Dave 54"  Yes i think there is some pipe over [​IMG].  Need to think a little time. Where become the ash fall out, or not ?

Mattias

9. dave54

dave54 Smoking Fanatic

I made mine out of 3 inch pipe an if I use small chips it will smoke for about 8 hours when full and

i might have to just tap it a couple times after about 3 to 4 hours . if I use the air pump it'll smoke till

it smokes everything in it .there's hardlly any ash left in it

10. flua

flua Fire Starter

Thanks, i think it all clear now.. time for some sleep now. in sweden...

11. Wow! Awsome! Fantastic!

Words can't describe the work of art you have built.

With that much stainless, you better have some dark glasses so it does not blind you!

Looking forword to the first smoke.

12. flua

flua Fire Starter

Not much left [​IMG]. Manufacture smoke genarator, mount thermometers and some small things[​IMG][​IMG].....

13. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Unbelievable work Flua!

Better get a good pair of sunglasses too.

Bear

14. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

The only thing I can see that you could possibly improve on is the wheels.  I think it needs some small stainless wagon wheels.

15. flua

flua Fire Starter

Yes your right, the wheel axle is to frail, need some better solution. so its on the "small things list"....

16. flua

flua Fire Starter

Thanks man, yes so far iam fairly satisfied. And thanks to you and the people on this forum. Its help to have the motivation up...

17. flua

flua Fire Starter

Thanks, its more shiny on the photo yet on real, but the polishmachine is standbye... time to hunt some "wild pig" swine.. dont think  i need some sunglasses the autumn its on the way [​IMG]

18. flua

flua Fire Starter

Stainless wheel is not easy to find. but wagon wheel ??  oh i forgott i talk with people in us, everything is so f----ng big. but it nice..

flua

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  19. All I can think to say is WOW.

20. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm not sure, but I'm betting MattS meant you could make the "stainless Wagon Wheels". We all know you can do it.

Bear