my first smoke with qview

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ropaque, Nov 1, 2010.

1. did a butt and bb's for my first smoke. everything turned out great everyone loved the food. couldn't have done it without the info and helped i received on this site. thanks[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hey Ropaque welcome to SMF. Looks like a new smoker and a NEW SMOKER too. Great to have you here looks like you are off to a great start

3. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF!!!

That's some good lookin smoked meat right there . Rubbed pic of the butt looks like someone shot it w/ bird shot .  What is that red in the rub ? Pepper?

That mes will give ya many fine smokes in the future.

4. yup i mixed in some crushed red pepper in my rub. as well as brown sugar garlic powder onion powder and some southwest chipotle seasoning.

5. Beautiful....man, them ribs look GOOOOD!  [​IMG]

6. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

That was an awesome first smoke and a great job!  Congrats on the new smoker and successful smoke!  [​IMG]

7. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great start.

8. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Nice! [​IMG]

9. jjmrascal

jjmrascal Smoke Blower

You're off to a running start.  It only gets more fun from there!

10. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

Looks good -- but the inside of that smoker is too clean":-}}

You'll have to take care of that.

11. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I bet it isn't clean anymore! Nice job!

12. mmmm nice qview

13. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Great job [​IMG]  for your first smoke, nice looking BBQ

14. papagreer

papagreer Meat Mopper

You went large on your first smoke! Nice work, that meat looks tasty!

Chris

15. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That all looks really tasty! Good job on your first smoke - now you will find excuses to fire up the smoker... lol.

16. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I thought the wife would have let you bring that "way to clean" smoker atleast on the back porch instead of in the bunches. I saw your last smoke and it too looked really good. So keep it up I'm sure she will let you in the public eye soon.

17. coacher72

coacher72 Smoking Fanatic

Great looking Q. Can't wait to see more of your work.

18. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

That is a lot of BEAUTIFUL meat!   I love your seasoning choices for the rub.  all looks soooo goood!

19. glenndog25

glenndog25 Newbie

Looks great!

20. new2que

new2que Meat Mopper

Great first smoke, If you did that well I think it's safe to say you are hooked!

Once you've been around a while (not saying I have by any means) smoking food becomes easy and remember to have a camera around to record Qview becomes the difficult task!  Especially in a room full of vultures surrounding the feast (led by the head vulture, yours truly).

Thanks for sharing.