My first smoke ever! YUM! W/Pic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toppano

Original poster
May 2, 2011
Seattle, Washington
First off I have to tip my hat and give credit to everyone on this forum!  I don't think I could have been as successful as I was without all the information I read.  With that being said  I just smoked my first set of baby back ribs.  Never smoked anything in my life until yesterday.  After reading post after post on this forum I was pretty impressed with the results I got and I look forward to perfecting my skills.

I cooked at 225* and did the 2-2-1 method using Hickory chucks and chips along with a "Kansas City Style" rub from Weber.  I have a few rubs I use that I make myself but I knew this one had fairly good flavor so instead of introducing to many different things at once I decided to go with the old faith-full rub.  below is a picture of my end result. 

60ca60e8_IMG_4013.jpg

Please let me know what you think.  I ended up with a few chunks that were a tad dry I think perhaps I didn't put enough water in the foil during the second two hours of cooking but for the most part everything was fall off the bone goodness.

-Tony

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky