My first brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Steve you nailed it!! Color is beautiful and as others said those taters are money too. Can’t wait to see my favorite part of that brisket which is the point.

Thanks Jeff! I'm thinking that point would make a real nice pastrami.

Sure looks good Steve ! I'd say you nailed it! The flat is usually the hard one to get tender and juicy. Glad you finally got to do one!

Very nice color. I like seeing the different runs people use and sometimes try them. I am gonna give the one you used a go. You and Bob done did good.

Darn good looking brisket Steve. The CPB stuff does tend to be pretty lean so finishing it inside (covered?) was a good move. The first one I did was a whole packer and I didn't cover...just let it go all the way through on the smoker. Flavor was great but it was a tad on the dry side doe to so little fat. Good job buddy!!
It's too early to be drinking charlie

Apparently not :emoji_laughing:

LMBO--I guess I better edit it.

NO!! Don't edit it please. I got one heck of a good chuckle out of it.

Nah, leave it. It's funny!

Yah...what he said :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thanks Robert. I covered it until it hit 180 IT. Then finished uncovered to finish up that bark. I'm really happy with the results.

Whoa, what a piece of work Steve, good job and a huge Like! First one, it's kind of like a rookie quarterback winning the super bowl, especially after braving the elements! RAY

Nice job on the brisket Steve! Looks really good, and sure does those taters!

Ryan

Whoa, what a piece of work Steve, good job and a huge Like! First one, it's kind of like a rookie quarterback winning the super bowl, especially after braving the elements! RAY
Thanks Ray! I felt like a rookie alright!

Nice job on the brisket Steve! Looks really good, and sure does those taters!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

drink.jpg
It's too early to be drinking charlie

Reactions: Steve H and TNJAKE
Bark is looking great! Glad it turned out! I'm next...soon... I promise.

Hey, Irish Potatoes? They look pretty yum too!

Heck yeah Steve looks awesome. Question is,,,,, will you do it again with a more common brisket? I would hope so! Nicely done.

Great job on that brisket Steve. Thems good eats.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky