My Dry.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
All looking good.

However this much in my small fridge mat be too much as the humidity is all over. Time for a small dehumidifier. Thinking dehumidifier beads.

Better pic with no glare.
IMG_5627.JPG

Rick, I see frozen condensate near the top in the back of the fridge by the freezer plate. With that fan running, I would expect a humidity spike when the compressor shuts off and that ice melts. This is exactly what happens in my little hacked Dehumidifier fridge for my big chamber when the dH cycle is over. The recirculation fan melts the ice build up on the frost plate and the humidity spikes to 99%. This is intentional for a de-ice cycle so the moisture can drip down through the drain and out of the fridge into the collection jug.

Also, the little fridge I bought and use for accelerated drying has a frost plate. I do not use a dedicated fan. Air moves from the eva dry dehumidifier and the little bit of movement from the humidifier. something to consider....

Salami lookin good though!

Rick, I see frozen condensate near the top in the back of the fridge by the freezer plate. With that fan running, I would expect a humidity spike when the compressor shuts off and that ice melts. This is exactly what happens in my little hacked Dehumidifier fridge for my big chamber when the dH cycle is over. The recirculation fan melts the ice build up on the frost plate and the humidity spikes to 99%. This is intentional for a de-ice cycle so the moisture can drip down through the drain and out of the fridge into the collection jug.

Also, the little fridge I bought and use for accelerated drying has a frost plate. I do not use a dedicated fan. Air moves from the eva dry dehumidifier and the little bit of movement from the humidifier. something to consider....

Salami lookin good though!
So take the fan out. I seen the Eva dry but might be to big for mine.

Hell I may just put out the $$ for the one the 2 guys use.

I have my evadry shoved in the back corner on the shelf aimed so it doesn't blow on anything that's hanging in the chamber.

Reactions: indaswamp
My swings in my big chamber mirror this Pro Smoker Drying Cabinet, but mine cycles just a little faster and a little tighter. I am cycling every 21-37 minutes, and between 78-84%RH; average of 80.6%RH

This new unit should produce excellent salumi.

Reactions: 02ebz06
My educated guess is that the fan in the top blows air over the condenser plate to do a de-ice cycle, but it is on a controller internally. You might want to try and hook up a humidity controller to your little fan to try and replicate how this new Pro Smoker unit works. The fan will be on intermittently....as needed to raise the humidity...

My educated guess is that the fan in the top blows air over the condenser plate to do a de-ice cycle, but it is on a controller internally. You might want to try and hook up a humidity controller to your little fan to try and replicate how this new Pro Smoker unit works. The fan will be on intermittently....as needed to raise the humidity...
Thats what my sobe cooler did. the older analog Dayton controller was finicky.

$1,299 for the unit.

Reactions: indaswamp
Looking great!

Is there enough room on the ledge at bottom near the back of the unit to put the dehumidifier so it does not blow directly on the bottoms of the salami on the left?

I made a shelf with a small HDPE cutting board (6X9"), some all thread for 2 legs, bolts, and nuts. The back of the shelf rests on the ledge, the legs are to the front. Put my evadry on that....

Looking great!

Is there enough room on the ledge at bottom near the back of the unit to put the dehumidifier so it does not blow directly on the bottoms of the salami on the left?

I made a shelf with a small HDPE cutting board (6X9"), some all thread for 2 legs, bolts, and nuts. The back of the shelf rests on the ledge, the legs are to the front. Put my evadry on that....

Yes and there is a drain hole even. Think I could cut a serving tray to fit back there with a hole?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky