My dehydrator maxes out at 158*

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It will be fine! We have 2 dehydrators... one has a temp setting you can change, max temp 165... other one has no setting, just plug it in and turn on.
You can add cure # 1 to your jerky if you are concerned. All of our venison jerky we make doesn't get any cure added... been making it for years.

Ryan

It will be fine! We have 2 dehydrators... one has a temp setting you can change, max temp 165... other one has no setting, just plug it in and turn on.
You can add cure # 1 to your jerky if you are concerned. All of our venison jerky we make doesn't get any cure added... been making it for years.

Ryan
I dry a lot of venison in the sun just like the olden days, no where near 150* generations of people were fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky